Para leer este post en español haz clic aquí.
Gaby has really long, curly hair and I’ve had to get pretty creative to make sure that the hairstyles I do in the mornings last all day while in school. Otherwise, her hair is all loose and tangled up by the time I pick her up in the afternoon.
Since hairstyles give such a personal touch to girls’ looks, but can sometimes turn into a hassle when we are running around every morning trying to get the kids to school on time, I wanted to share some easy ones that are still fun and cute. This one here is perfect to keep long hair in place and great at keeping our kids fresh all day in the summer heat.
I am calling this first back to school hairstyle the double braided buns.
1. Divide the hair into two sections, but instead of making a line straight down the middle go for a curve from the top center to the bottom right, just to give it some coolness 🙂
2. Make sure to tie the top right section into a ponytail to keep it in place while you style the left section.
3. Take the left section and do a regular braid from the front all the way to the back and down to the ends. Then twist the braided hair into a bun and secure with bobby pins.
4. Keep top right section secured with hair tie. Make sure to smooth out any creases or re-do the ponytail if you need to. Then braid the ends.
5. Wrap top right braid around ponytail to create a bun and secure with bobby pins just as you did with the first one.
6. Add flower or any other cute hair accessory to bottom bun. You can add something to both buns, but Gaby just wanted to do the bottom one so we left it like that.
And that’s it. Super easy and cute! Leave any questions/comments below!