Making this recipe felt more like working on a science experiment than cooking. I was mixing different colors, putting the gelatin in the refrigerator, mixing again and so forth. But once the recipe was done it was the cutest thing and quite yummy as well.
This layered holiday Jello dessert is meant to be a light and refreshing treat for holiday parties. It won’t ruin your diet because we’re using low-calorie Jello and low fat sour cream.
It’s pretty simple to make and your guests will be happily impressed.
- 1 (0.30 oz) package of Sugar Free Strawberry Jello mix
- 1 (0.30 oz) package of Sugar Free Lime Jello mix
- Low-fat sour cream
- Add 1 cup of boiling water to first package and stir until the mixture is dissolved. Set 2/3 cup of mixture aside.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of sour cream with remaining 1/3 cup of mixture. Pour sour cream mixture into cups.
- Refrigerate this first layer until it is firm. For me it took about 30 minutes.
- Once this first layer is set, pour the regular jello mixture on top of it.
- Refrigerate this second layer until it is firm. It took me about 15 minutes.
- Repeat process using the remaining box of Jello.
You may replace the sour cream with whip cream or condensed milk if you’d like.