Sprinkles and whip cream make everything better 😉
These fruit cups are a delicious dessert for your guests if you’re hosting a Halloween party this weekend. They are super easy to make and healthier than many of the other Halloween treats out there.
You can also play around with the ingredients to make different variations by switching the whip cream with yogurt or ice cream.
Here are the steps. Enjoy!
- 2 packages of 4 diced fruit bowls each (mandarin oranges, peaches, pear and pineapple – preferably the ones that come in juice not syrup)
- 2 8 oz tubs of Light/Fat Free Whipped Cream
- Halloween-colored sprinkles
- Candy eyeballs
- Mini pedestal cups
- Strings or ribbons in Halloween colors
*Amount of ingredients yields about 5 fruit cups.
Decorate the cups with Halloween colors, either using strings or ribbons to give it a nice touch prior to adding the ingredients.
Drain the fruit bowls to get rid of the juice. You will only be using the fruit chunks for the recipe.
Layer the cups in this order:
- First, add 2 tablespoons of mixed fruits.
- Follow with 2 tablespoon of whip cream.
- Add 2 more tablespoons of fruit on top of the whip cream.
- Finish with whip cream making sure you’re adding enough to create that little and cute peak on top so it looks like a ghost.
- Add the two candy eyeballs and the sprinkles.
Have a safe and fun Halloween!