Thank you to Firmoo.com for providing a pair of eyeglasses to try and share my experience.
I was diagnosed with myopia when I was in high school. Since then, my relationship with eyeglasses has been a complicated one. Using them for a few months and then avoiding them and hiding them in a drawer. Recently; however, I realized that I do need to wear them. I could no longer read the street signs from the car, unless I was right in front of them, or be able to tell who was all the way back in the room whenever I went to conferences or meetings. Things were getting blurry.
I decided it was time to get an eye exam. Needless to say, my vision had gotten a lot worse. I was actually surprised by how much the new prescription differed from the last prescription I received a few years back. According to the doctor, a possible cause for my worsening eyesight is all the time I spend in front of a computer monitor. He said that staring at a monitor during hours can really strain the eyes and cause problems. Ouch. Definitely not good news since my job requires working in front of a computer every single day.
I started looking for a pair of eyeglasses, something cute and stylish but at a decent price.
Here are 3 money-saving tips I considered:
- Forget about the famous designer brands: You do not have to spend hundreds of dollars on pair of Prada, Versace or other designer eyeglasses. There are plenty of options out there that are as cute, elegant and stylish and cost half or less than half than what you would pay for these brands.
- Skip the add-on features: Take a look at your prescription and at your everyday activities and determine if spending more in add-ons is necessary. You may not need glare-free lenses or light-adapting lenses, for example.
- Do your research: Take your time to compare prices and options at different stores in order to choose the right pair of eyeglasses for your budget and lifestyle. I find shopping online a lot better because you often find discount codes and coupons that you can use. There are also rebate sites that can reduce your cost even more.
A few weeks after getting my eye exam, I coincidentally received an invitation from online optical store Firmoo to try one of their eyeglasses and boy was I happy! I could get a pair of pretty, stylish eyeglasses without spending a fortune!
The prices on the site range from $20-$30+. This is great, considering the prices I saw at the different stores I visited. The process is also super simple. It only took me a few minutes to complete the order right from my living room.
This is how it works:
- Visit the online store at Firmoo.com and select your favorite pair of eyeglasses. Make sure you have had an eye exam completed before visiting the site to purchase the eyeglasses because you will need to enter the prescription’s information.
- Take a look at the frame size and make sure the measurements fit your face. You can even try the eyeglasses on virtually by uploading a photo of your face!
- Select the lenses and enter your prescription information.
- Add to cart and submit your order!
I won’t lie. I was a little bit hesitant at first, wondering if the eyeglasses would fit me correctly. And they did! I am pretty happy with the way things turned out.
In terms of how I picked the style, I did some research online to find out which types of frames were recommended for my face shape. Please do so if you are not sure which style suits your face. It helped a lot. I decided to go with red frames because my last two pairs have been brown so I wanted to try something different this time around.
I have to say that using my new pair of red eyeglasses has been quite liberating. I’ve definitely started to see how eyeglasses can help to project my personality as part of my overall look. I no longer hide them in a drawer.
Now I wear them loud and proud!